BY: Christine B
- 2 cups:
- 2 ½ cups milk
- 4 oz. white chocolate
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- 2 tablespoons warm water (not boiling)
- 1 pot
- 1 non-stick skillet
- Mix the matcha powder with one tablespoon of warm water in a glass, making a thick paste. Then, add the other tablespoon and stir until you have a dark green liquid, free of lumps.
- Start to heat your milk in the pot. Your milk is ready when bubbles start to form around the edges. Flip the heat off immediately to avoid bubbling over. When you start the milk, you can also start to heat the white chocolate and the milk. Stir this with a spatula and when the chocolate is melted turn off the heat and pour in the matcha, still stirring with a spatula.
- Pour some of the milk into the chocolate mixture and then pour all of that into the pot of milk.
- Serve in your favorite mugs, top off with a little whipped cream if you wish, and enjoy!
- Note: Burning your matcha could give it a bitter aftertaste. This is why it is mixed with warm water and added to the white chocolate only after turning off the burner.
Original Post http://www.curriedcantaloupe.com/white-hot-matchocolate/